Breed: Domestic Shorthair
Age: Approx. 12+ Years Old
Energy Level: Currently low, but I am just settling in after a big transition
Litter trained? Yes
Kids? Older kids possibly, but I am looking for a calm, QUIET home
Cats? I have spent time with other cats but I prefer being the only pet in the home
Dogs? Unknown, potentially if they are another calm senior like myself?
Medical Needs: Recheck coming up soon with my Vet, Weight Loss with a special diet, anything else recommended moving forward
Hi I'm Tux! I've found myself at the shelter in my golden years and am looking for a retirement home where I will be doted on and cared for forever. I'm around 12 years old and was very well loved by my pet parent but sadly they needed some assistance when their own health declined. As you can see, I do need to work on my own health too as I am a chonky girl who is on a diet and a mission to loose some of these extra pounds! I'm settling in well at WAG and making friends with the humans, they give me lots of pets and encourage me to play and move around my new room. So far I seem to like: naps, gentle brushing, food, chin rubs and more naps. I have a few cosy beds and have been trying each one out! My next checkup with my vet at PVH is coming up soon and then further recommendations can be made on my health if needed. Currently I am on prescription vet food designed to provide all that is needed for an older gal like me. Although if you ask me, they are being a little strict with my portion control around here.....
Keep an eye on my profile as the team learn more about me and my ideal home, as well as any health updates when we have them. If you feel you could give me a calm, warm and safe home to spend my days then please fill out an adoption form below.....
My Purrrfect Match:
- will be proactive with my health and give me all the love and care I need in my senior years, whatever that may bring
- will continue my health plan and keep me on the special vet food I am currently eating as prescribed by my vet, with any extra checkups as required/ recommended
- will be patient while I transition into my new home with my new family, I have had a lot of changes recently and I will need time to settle in. I would like a calm home where I can really relax
- will provide lots of enrichment, scratching towers, toys, catio if deemed appropriate etc.
- will keep me safe and happy, forever
I came to WAG when my loving guardian was no longer able to take care of me due to their own health issues. They knew that WAG would get me the help I needed and find me a home to spoil me for the rest of my years.
Senior's like me often spend a long time awaiting adoption which can require lots of resources. But, thanks to donations to WAG's Critical Care Program cases like mine can be taken on to offer us a second chance at health and happiness. Please consider donating to their fund if you are in a position to do so!