WAG’s Adoption Process
THE WAG MATCHMAKER PROGRAM
We want your adoption to succeed, not just for a day, but for a lifetime!
We know that every animal and every home is unique, so we created the WAG Matchmaker Program.
Thanks to this thorough approach, we have an excellent success rate in placing animals with their Forever Homes.
Puppy & Kitten Adoptions
WAG can receive a high volume of applications for our puppies and kittens, so please be patient!
Applicants will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis, ONCE we have received your application. If you are ready to adopt a puppy or a kitten, we recommend monitoring our website regularly for new arrivals as we are a small team and are unable to run a wait/wish list for potential adopters.
If you see a puppy or kitten that is available and may interest you, please deliver your application ASAP via:
- Email: [email protected]
- Drop off during closed hours (We have a secure drop box next to our front door! This will be checked daily by staff.)
- Puppies (under 1 year)…$475 + PST*
- Adult Dog (1 -9 years)…$375 + PST*
- Senior Dog (10+ years)…$200 + PST*
- Kittens (under 1 year)…$300 + PST*
- Adult Cat (1 -9 years)…$250 + PST*
- Senior Cat (10+ years)…$150 + PST*
*PST is British Columbia's Provincial Sales Tax. WAG is required to charge PST on all adoption fees. The PST is currently at a rate of 7%.
Our adoption fees are all-inclusive. Every animal receives:
- A full veterinary exam upon arrival at WAG
- Up-to-date basic vaccinations
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Regular parasite control (intestinal parasites, fleas, lice, and more)
- If needed, additional medical treatment
Before you Adopt!
- Are you prepared for a lifetime commitment?
- Do you have other animals? How might they react?
- Do you have, or are you planning on having, children?
- What will happen to the animal if you move?
- Who will look after them when you go on vacation?
- If your current relationship changes or if something happens to you, who will look after them?
- What are your plans for training?
- What personality best fits your lifestyle?
- How will you afford vet care?
- Have you considered pet insurance?
Adoption is a lifetime commitment to that animal - make sure you are ready!
Every year there are new advancements made to veterinary care, and more treatments are available than ever before. These treatments can be lifesaving but are also expensive. When the unexpected happens, Petsecure lets you focus on what’s important, getting your pet back to their happy healthy
We are a proud partner of Petsecure, a 100% Canadian owned and operated pet insurance company since 1989. Petsecure is dedicated to promoting responsible pet guardianship and caring for your pet’s health and wellness and is pleased to provide a complimentary six-week trial of pet health insurance for
your new dog or cat.
- Coverage up to $500 for accidents and illnesses
- 80% coverage on eligible vet bills, less a $100 per incident deductible
- 48 hour waiting period from the date your new pet goes home
- A welcome package will be sent to you, including a personalized quote
Benefits of converting to a policy before your trial expires:
- Uninterrupted coverage- no additional accident or illness waiting periods
- No exclusions- any claims covered under your trial will continue under your policy
- Coverage for life- for accidents and illness, dental, special coverage, wellness benefits and more
- No older pet tests- for senior pets adopted (cats over 10 and dogs over 8 years of age)
Petsecure believes you should have the freedom to make decisions about your pet’s medical care with your heart, not your wallet. With four plans to choose from, click here to view their coverage options that will fit both your budget and coverage needs.
If you have any questions about your trial, need to make a claim, or to convert to a policy, please contact:
1-800-268-1169 or [email protected]
For all adoption inquiries please speak with one of our staff. When you decide that adoption is right for you, our commitment is to find the animal that best matches your personality, lifestyle, and experience.
Martha - Adoptions Coordinator
Let our team help you find your puuurfect match!