Are you under 19 and looking for ways to help WAG? We have some great ideas!
- Put together a pet food bank at your school. Collect food, treats, and toys for animals in need.
- Create a poster for WAG about:
- The importance of having id for pets
- Whistler’s leashing rules
- Picking up poop
- Dogs in the back of pick-up trucks
- Dogs on tethers
- Spay and neuter
- Antifreeze poisoning
- Animal care
- What WAG does in the Community
- Showcase an animal that's up for adoption
- Write a letter to your local government on why protecting animals is important to you.
- Host a Bake Sale, Lemonade Stand, Car Wash, or BBQ in honour of WAG.
- Host a "Loonies for Love" campaign at your school, or with a sports team.
- Interview a local vet and write a column on what you learn about their job. Send it to local papers.
- Host a craft day and make toys for the animals.
- Host a "Bad Original Drawing of Your Pet" fundraiser. Get members of the community to submit pictures of their animals and then attempt to draw a portrait for a donation.
- Reading Club - Create a reading club for kids to read a book a week to their pets.
- Create a commercial for WAG to post on YouTube or Facebook.
Feel free to come up with your own ideas too!
We LOVE to recognize our young supporters with a customized Official Donation Certificate, a visit with an animal (if possible), photos, and a thank you on our social media!