Earl – Adopted November 2022!
Portrait by: Roberta Holden at Paw Prints Pet Photography
Breed: Domestic Long hair
Age: Approx. 1.5 years old
Energy Level: Medium, could change as he becomes more confident
Litter trained? yes
Kids? Unknown, looking for a calm, quiet home that will be able to read his body language
Medical Needs: Continuing with yearly veterinary care
Hi, I'm Earl.
I have been in WAG’s care for way too long (118 days and counting), but luckily I have spent most of these in foster homes. I do take a while to warm up, but once I trust you I just can't get enough pets and love to be brushed. I need a family that will be okay with letting me settle in at my own pace and not mind me needing my own space when company comes over. I might even hiss or spat if I feel like my space isn't being respected. I may not give off the best first impression but I am really a love bug!
There’s been a lot of changes in my life recently and I would very much like to be adopted by people who understand that time and patience, combined with love and respect is very important for me.
Some recent updates from my foster family as they have gotten to know me better:
- He has come a long way, now really likes to be pet and even brushed, on the tummy too. He could hear us in the other room and started to meow for company. He’s funny because he’ll leave the bedroom and lie in the hallway when he’s finished with us.
- You can see how relaxed he is in our home now, but don’t let that fool you. He purrs a lot, loves to be patted and scratched under the chin, but he’s still unsure if you move too fast and doesn’t like to be approached too much from the front (like a lot of cats).
- We think he would prefer a home on the quiet side.
- He loves to play with string! (and chew it)
- He has a really big bushy tail and wonderfully long whiskers! See photos below....
My Purrrfect Match
- will be ready for a 15+ year commitment!
- have lots of patience while I learn to feel comfortable with my new family.
- someone who understands that I might not want to cuddle or be touched all the time.
- will provide lots of enrichment, scratching towers, toys, catio etc.
- will keep my health in mind and take me into the vet for yearly checkups.
- understand that I am still developing and my personality may change over time!
- will keep me safe and happy, forever.
I came into WAG with Chai and Masala, we were housed in a hoarding situation from a nearby town. Thankfully we found a temporary home at WAG, and I am in a loving foster home. Sadly I am the last of the trio to find a new home.
If you cannot adopt at this time, please consider making a donation to WAG. Our care will be extended and it takes lots of resources and time to help under socialized animals become confident.