Cody – Adopted October 2020!
Breed: Mixed Breed, suspected Lab
Age: 2 years old (Approximately)
Where you can find me: In a foster home
Energy Level: Very high
Training Goals: Basic Manners & loose leash walking - Mandatory post-adoption training session booked with WAG approved trainer
House trained? Yes
Kids? 15 years+
Medical Needs: None
Hi I'm Cody!
I am new to the shelter, but am doing really well in my foster home.
My foster home had some notes to pass along -
Cody was very worried when he first came home and would not relax or stop pacing unless he was touching one of us and no amount of walks seemed to tire him out. As he’s started to feel more safe and relaxed he has turned into a different doggo! He has become a sofa cuddle and nap king. He definitely has a high energy drive but as long as he gets enough exercise he is the BIGGEST snuggler and would happily cuddle you all day long (no really, all day). He is a super sweet and loving boy who wants to be best friends with every person or dog he meets. He does need some extra training, especially with leash pulling but is all around an amazing little guy with SO much love to give. Every person that meets him falls in love with him. He is very calm and easygoing whilst in the home and is an absolute joy to have around the house.
My Perfect Match
- Able to provide a calm, nurturing environment with people that will pay attention to any signs of anxiety I may show.
- Is willing to take a few trips to WAG to get to know me before taking me home.
- Loves goofy loveable quirky boy
- Will continue with basic training - I will need a post adoption training appointment with a WAG approved trainer
- Lots of patience!
- We need help to grow confidence
- Will be strong! I am a strong boy who needs to learn how to not pull when on walks.
- Will love me forever no matter what, quirks and all!
- I need a home that is committed to me and ready to give me a life with love and adventure for the rest of my years.