Chicken – Adopted September 2022!
Breed: Mastiff/St Bernard cross
Age: 10 months old
Energy Level: Medium/High
Training Goals: Basic manner + Learning how to settle in the home
House trained? Yes
Kids? Yes, with proper supervision and separation
Cats? Potentially with proper supervision & separation
Dogs? Yes! But my family will still need to supervise and separate while me and a new dog learn to live with each other
Medical Needs: Yearly check veterinary appointments
Hi I'm Chicken!
This is my second time at WAG and I would love it to be my last!
I need a family that is active and social, providing me lots of mental stimulation and exercise.
When I get playful I can be very BOUNCY and not know my own body size. I love to cuddle and cover your face in kisses! Be careful, if you are on the ground, I may not let you get up!
Sometimes I can get a little over excited and I have a harder time calming down, I can get a little mouthy and bouncy then, but hey, I’m just a pup who has lots to learn still!
I don’t like to share my food, and I can get a little jealous if I see one of my other canine buddies getting some affection without me, best believe I’m not going to be left out!
I am hoping that my forever family will be awesome humans, lots of play, adventures, cuddles, but most importantly I need them to be patient.
Some new things can make me a bit unsure and I need my family to be understanding that they'll need to work with me during this big life change, hire a trainer and give me time to adjust.
My perfect match
- Be able to commit to coming to visit me a few times at the shelter before going into my forever home
- A family with patience understanding that a lot of things are new to me, I may need time to adjust to my new surrounding
- Be proactive with my training, using a WAG approved trainer that will help me gain confidence and give my family the tools they will need when I come across something that is scary to me
- Be ready for the 10+ year commitment
- Loves goofy loveable quirky boys
- Eager to learn more about dog body language so you can understand what I'm communicating to you!
- Have lots of friends with dogs that I can play with, I am very social and love playing with other dogs
- An active family! I am young and want to get out and explore the world!
- Will be strong! I am a strong fella who sometimes focuses a little too much on birds and squirrels
- Keep me healthy and happy with proper exercise and yearly vet visits.
My foster home wanting to pass along the following about me!
If you're dedicated to providing a safe home using only fear-free, positive reinforcement training methods, please fill out an application below,
I first came into WAG earlier this year with my brother Billy Bob, we both found homes after being in WAG's care for not too long. Unfortunately my adopters weren't my perfect match and it just wasn't the best fit! They knew that WAG will find me a family that I'll thrive with!
If you can't adopt at this time, please consider donating to the animals that call WAG home!