Bruno – Adopted April 2022!
Breed: Shepherd/Husky mix
Age: 1.5 years old
Energy Level: High
Training Goals: Post adoption training session required to brush up on some leash skills and confidence in new environments
House trained? Yes
Kids? With proper socialization, supervision & separation!
Dogs? With proper socialization, supervision & separation!
Medical Needs: Finishing this round of vaccinations and continuing with yearly veterinary care
Hi, I’m Bruno!
I am a young pup who still has LOTS to learn! I have been loving being at WAG, so far I have been happy to meet all the new humans, staff & volunteers. I am learning how to walk with a harness and a leash, and confidently, sometimes loud cars can scare me. I'm excited to go out for awesome adventures, I get to go to the river, smell lots and see new things.
Bikes are a little interesting to me, I’m not sure if I enjoy them or am a little nervous of them.
When I get playful I can be very BOUNCY and not know my own body size. When playing with smaller dogs or humans I will need active supervision.
I am hoping that my forever family will be awesome humans, lots of play, adventures, cuddles, but most importantly I need them
to be patient.
Some new things can make me a bit unsure and I need my family to be understanding that they'll need to work with me during
this big life change, hire a trainer and give me time to adjust.
My foster home wanted to send through this pupdate!
- I love - belly rubs, rolling in the snow, playing tug of war, head massages, lots of exercise, being by my person always, playing with dog friends,
- I have - shorter legs but high jumps, a tendency to get a bit nippy when we roughhouse so maybe not real young kids,
- I get along with - all people but mostly my one person. Most dogs but some aren’t too sure of me - will probably help once he’s fixed.
- I would rather not - be alone. I'll whine when you leave, but settles down nicely and hasn’t proven to be destructive. He’s very social and wants to be with you or another dog sibling would be fine I think though he can be a little jealous.
- I need - all the love. He wants to be near you but not overly needy - he settles in nicely when I’m working in the office.
My perfect match
- Be able to commit to coming to visit me a few times at the shelter before going into my forever home
- A family with patience
- Understanding that a lot of things are new to me, I may need time to adjust to my new surrounding
- Be proactive with my training, using a WAG approved trainer that will help me gain confidence and give my family the
tools they will need when I come across something that is scary to me
- Be ready for the 10+ year commitment
- Keep me healthy and happy with proper exercise and yearly vet visits.
My first family loved me, they took great care of me, but they knew I would do better in a different home. They surrendered me to WAG knowing they’d find my perfect match!
I hope it's not long before my forever family comes around.
If you can't adopt me, please consider donating to WAG so they can always take in pups and cats in need!